Three government working groups have been formed with a goal of discontinuing the unnecessary use of plastic which creates a negative impact on the environment.
” Read Also : Indonesia: Suspected Bomber Injures Self in Explosion “
In almost a year, five major drinking water producers have discontinued the use of plastic cap seals starting on April 1, 2018. They account for up to 80 percent of all plastic cap seals. The remaining 20 percent of plastic cap seals are from small producers and the items will be completely discontinued by late 2019.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced a ban on the production, import and selling of cosmetics containing microbeads and the FDA will later consider making an announcement on the prohibition of importing, producing and selling of oxo-degradable plastics under the relevant laws.
” Read Also : Huawei fights consumer fears at Thailand Mobile Expo ”
There is also a move to ban the use of plastic bags, sterofoam boxes, plastic cups and plastic straws by 2022. A campaign to discontinue the use of single-use plastic at department stores, supermarkets and convenience stores, by refraining from giving away plastic bags, is already active on the 4th day of each month and offers extra points to customers who decline to take a plastic bag for their purchases.